Teller/Financial Services Representative
Teller Position Summary: Perform a variety of paying and receiving functions for deposit clients. Perform operational teller functions.
Financial Services Representative Position Summary: Provide a full range of financial products including promoting, cross-selling and servicing financial products and services such as checking and savings accounts. Provide quality customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Gateway Bank personably, efficiently, and tactfully while in contact with the public either face-to-face or by telephone. Smile, call the customers by name and thank them as they leave.
- Promote cross-sell and service a full range of financial products and services with strong emphasis on meeting established goals. Responsible for new accounts sales, client retention, and existing client cross-selling and relationship expansion according to priorities established by Gateway Bank.
- Continually safeguard bank’s cash and the security of the working environment while processing deposits and withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, loan payments and other transactions (i.e. Travelers Checks, Official Checks, Money Orders, and issuance request for Savings Bonds) in accordance with bank policy.
- Balance the teller window daily and within bank guidelines, following bank policies, procedures, and standards of performance.
- Perform necessary operational and audit procedures associated with teller drawer and vault.
- Assist in the development of a new business for the bank. Be alert to customers’ needs to suggest appropriate services. Make suggestions to customers for new or existing services. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist with special projects that occur from time-to-time.
- Fulfill responsibilities under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. This includes identifying customers properly, initiating CTRs and SARs investigations as needed, utilizing OFAC records and maintaining appropriate records.
Experience, Competencies and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous Teller experience preferred but not required.
- Previous FSR experience preferred but not required
- Basic computer skills.
- Has met sales goals.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet and greet the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base.